God’s Politics is a new book published by Jim Wallis, the editor of Sojourners, an organization that has my high regard. I’m definitely going to get this book after reading the blurb about it: “Since when did believing in God and having moral values make you pro-war, pro-rich, and pro-Republican? And since when did promoting and pursuing a progressive social agenda with a concern for economic security, health care, and educational opportunity mean you had to put faith in God aside?
God’s Politics offers a clarion call to make both our religious communities and our government more accountable to key values of the prophetic religious tradition – that is, make them pro-justice, pro-peace, pro-environment, pro-equality, pro-consistent ethic of life (beyond single issue voting), and pro-family (without making scapegoats of single mothers or gays and lesbians). These are the values of love and justice, reconciliation, and community that Jesus taught and that are at the core of what many of us believe, Christian or not.”
You can check out Jim Wallis yourself….
- Tonight, January 18, Comedy Central’s The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, 11 p.m. EST
- January 19, XM Satellite Radio (XM Public Radio Channel 133, 8-8:30 a.m. EDT)
- January 19, NPR’s Fresh Air with Terry Gross (check local listing)
- January 19, PBS’s Charlie Rose Show (check local listing)
- January 20, NBC’s Inauguration Coverage with Tim Russert (10:05-11:05 a.m. EDT)
- January 21, Air America’s Al Franken Show (check local listing)
- January 21, MSNBC’s Hardball with Chris Matthews, 7 and 11 p.m. EST